How to embed video on your website
- Go to the Marguerite Casey Foundation vimeo page and click on the video you want to download.
- • Click the Share button on the right side of the video, and the first link that appears is the link to the video itself on its Vimeo page
- Below the Share link and Email option, you will find the Embed code. The HTML code for embedding the video will look similar to this:
<iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/63360842″ width=”500″ height=”281″ frameborder=”0″ webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href=”http://vimeo.com/63360842″>The Power of Collective</a> from <a href=”http://vimeo.com/margueritecaseyfoundatio”>Marguerite Casey Foundation</a> on <a href=”http://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.
- Select and copy the embed code, by pressing control + c (at the same time) or right clicking your mouse on the selected text and selecting Copy
- Open the source code for your web page and paste the embed code by pressing control + v or right clicking your mouse and selecting Paste as if the embed code were text. (If you don’t know how to find the source code, ask the person who makes changes to your website.)
How to download the videos to your computer or thumb drive
- Insert your flash drive into the computer’s USB port. In My Computer, make sure that the computer recognizes the flash drive
- Click the Download button below the video
- You will have different video format options to choose from (details below)
- HD .MP4 is the largest file, which means it will provide the best-quality picture but will take the longest to download and take up the most space on your drive format is ideal if you are planning to project the video or show it on a large screen
- SD. MP4 is the medium-sized file, which works fine for a small TV screen or computer screen
- .MOV is the smallest file and good for online viewing
- Right click your desired format and size from the options and click Save link as…
(Note: though it says link this will actually download the video file)
- Designate where you would like to save the video file
- To save the video to your desktop, select Desktop
- To save the video to your flash drive, click on My Computer. Your flash drive folder will appear here. Click on the icon for your flash drive, then click Open and Save (Note: some computers will skip Open and go right to Save)
- You now have a video file you can play without internet access
- To “eject” the flash drive, right-click the folder and select Eject
What is Vimeo? Vimeo is like YouTube, but gives users more options for storing, sharing and downloading videos. All of the Power of an Equal Voice: Resource Videos for Family Empowerment will be on both YouTube and Vimeo, but the instructions above are for videos hosted on Vimeo.