Social Media Role
What was the role of social media during the May 20th Online Event?
- To relay the voices, thoughts, and opinions of the other participants at your gathering who aren’t online.
- To discuss online the issues that will comprise the 2012 National Family Platform.
- To insert your own comments, via tweets, as you watch the event.
How did participants chat during the event?
- Participants joined our chatroom at http://tweetchat.com/room/equalvoiceforfamilies. The chatroom auto-adds the event’s hashtag with every entry, and auto-refreshes conversation every 5 seconds. It’s also mobile-friendly on your phone’s web browser.
- Participants chatted using the chat modules next to the video-streaming box. Individuals were able to sign in using their Facebook or Twitter account.
- Participants were able to chat on Twitter.com – using the event hashtag #equalvoiceforfamilies
Quality Education. Immigration Reform. Child Care. What is your issue? Below are the images that were shared on Facebook and Twitter before the event. These postcards represented the issues facing individuals, their family, and their community.