About the Foundation:
This newly created position will assist the Director of Communications in managing the Foundation’s communication marketing and public relations efforts as well as support its digital strategy and branded campaigns. The Marketing and Content Manager works in partnership with the communication team to prioritize and identify opportunities to utilize strategic communications to advance the Foundation’s grantmaking goals and mission.
The mission of the Marguerite Casey Foundation is to help low-income families strengthen their voice and mobilize their communities in order to achieve a more just and equitable society for all. Strong, sustainable community-based organizations are essential to this work and the reason why most of the Foundation’s grantmaking comes in the form of general support. The Foundation supports organizations that focus on building a movement of poor and low-income families advocating on their own behalf to improve the social and economic well-being of families.
The Marketing and Content Manager will join a small, dynamic and collaborative communication team that works in partnership with grantmaking team to develop and execute communication strategy that advances the work of the Foundation and its grantees.
This position will report to the Director of Communications.
Responsible for coordinating and developing the production and delivery of marketing and public relations. The position collaborates with a dynamic team and Director of Communications to ensure growth of the Foundation’s brand, ensuring that messages are communicated in a clear and concise manner with continuity to partners, whether in person, print, broadcast, and social media. The successful candidate will have a passion for the written and spoken word, professional skills in marketing, public relations and online communication, the ability to engage diverse audiences.
- Communicates and promotes Marguerite Casey Foundation’s mission, vision, values and innovative grantmaking program to a diverse array of audiences
- Maintain a consistent brand image throughout all marketing collateral including photography; print, website, social media, and other communications
- Develop and update support materials in collaboration with the communication and grantmaking teams; including PowerPoint presentations; brochures; handouts; flyers; and other materials that describe and promote the organization
- Create and coordinate delivery on themes, messages and media needed to ensure a consistent voice and message
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with industry influencers, media and key community partners across the country to promote the Foundation: provide feedback on media perceptions and attitudes
- Support Social Media Manager to increase social media footprint
- Develop annual marketing and media plan, in support of organizational strategy and objectives
- Secure media coverage of Marguerite Casey Foundation’s grantmaking and branded campaigns
- Serve as a member of the media response team and provide critical communication assistance as required
Public and Media Relations
- Collaborate and coordinate public relations efforts including: press releases, media alerts, and placement of stories and content in various print, broadcast and social media channels
- Expand the reach of the Foundation through developing media partners and strategic placement of stories in philanthropic publications
- Develop and expand the Foundation’s relationship with media and influencers
- Support the Foundation’s News team in pushing out and promoting the Foundation’s online newspaper Equal Voice news and its original content
Public Affairs – Advocacy
- Develop and coordinate advocacy related outreach and communication materials in collaboration with the communication and grantmaking teams
- Secure speaking engagement for President & CEO
Branding and Market Research
- Research new market trends and tactics, adopting effective strategies that adhere to the brand guidelines and report on the successes of marketing efforts
- Support the rebranding strategy and implement that strategy as directed by the President & CEO
- Work with the Graphic Designer and Web Manager to maintain the organization’s website including: content; analytics, search engine optimization (SEO), and online forms management
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, media, journalism, marketing or related field, and 3 to 5 years related work experience. Experience with philanthropy and non-profits a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to assess needs and respond with most effective communication method to advance the Foundation’s mission and profile
- Possesses passion for proactively engaging media and securing placements
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work collaboratively and deliver on commitments.
- Outstanding ability to innovate and think creatively, and to identify and recommend solutions
- Ability to work with clear direction and be self-managed
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication and presentation skills; strong copyediting skills
- Strong network and knowledge of philanthropy/nonprofit sector
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and assess quantitative and qualitative data and explain the assessment in written reports
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Demonstrates flexibility, tenacity, resourcefulness, humility, and a growth mindset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and social media platforms
Benefits and Compensation
The Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a salary that is commensurate with experience. The position is located in downtown Seattle, Washington and is a full-time position.
Marguerite Casey Foundation is committed to creating a diverse and multicultural work environment reflecting the families and organizations we support. Marguerite Casey Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We seek dynamic individuals who are intelligent, thoughtful and dedicated to social change. We believe that each member of the Foundation’s staff is crucial to fulfilling our mission and making change possible.
Qualified candidates to provide cover letter and resume by clicking: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=mcasey&jobId=131313&lang=en_US&source=CC3