Current Grant Information
Grant Period36 months
civic engagement, community development, community organizing, criminal justice, elder care, employment, environment, health care, housing, LGBT, living wage, race equality, voter engagement, workers rights, youth
Purpose of Grant
For general support.
The mission of The San Diego LGBT Community Center is to enhance and sustain the health and well-being of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and HIV communities by providing activities, programs, and services that create community, empower community members, provide essential resources, advocate for civil and human rights, and embrace, promote and support our cultural diversity.
The principles that guide the actions of The Center Board, volunteers, and staff, as well as the design and implementation of all Center programs, are:
- Inclusiveness and diversity founded on human and civil rights for all
- Financial stability and integrity
- The Resource Enhancement and Community Health (REACH) programming objectives
- Collaboration with consumers and other community agencies to provide a continuum of care & services
- Compassionate, quality service delivery
- Continual Quality Improvement
- Leadership Development
- Measurable Outcomes